Most burn victims endure expensive and long-term medical care. They require extended time off from work and often have to go through extensive therapy. Our experienced burn injury lawyers in Columbia will work with you and your family to help you pursue the financial compensation you need after suffering from a devastating burn injury.
Four Main Types of Burns
The negligence of other parties causes many burn injuries. Such injuries can lead to temporary or, in severe cases, permanent disability. Serious burn injuries take a considerable amount of time to heal, depending on the type of burn and the injury’s location.
Whether it be a car accident, workplace fire, or a defective product, you can classify a burn injury within four areas:
- Thermal burns: these are caused by fire, steam, hot liquids, or other sources of extreme heat
- Light burns: caused by sunlight or ultraviolet light
- Chemical burns: caused by an acid, alkali, or chemical explosion
- Radiation burns: caused by contact with nuclear radiation
Consequences of Burn Injuries
The consequences of burn injuries can have a lasting impact on a burn victim and their family. The following are a few examples of the physical impact a burn can have on a victim’s body:
- Loss of limbs
- Loss of mobility
- Recurrent infections due to the skins decreased ability to fight infection
- Severe muscle or tissue damage that can affect other parts of the body
These consequences could also have an impact on the victim’s everyday life and potentially their employment as well.
Contact an Experienced Burn Injury Lawyer In Columbia Today
Severe burn injuries can come with significant expenses; at the Valente Law Group, we believe the victim should not carry that financial stress alone.
If the negligence of another party caused your injuries, filing a claim with our experienced burn injury lawyers in Columbia can help you seek compensation. We want to help you take care of your medical costs, loss of present and future income, and ongoing expenses.
Our trustworthy lawyers are ready to take your case and seek the justice you deserve.