There are approximately seventy hospitals in Maryland and hundreds of licensed doctors, surgeons, nurses, and health care professionals. We rely on their care and expertise to keep us well every single day. But, when one of these professionals or their institutions fails, the repercussions can last a lifetime.
If you or a loved one have suffered needlessly at the hands of a trusted medical professional, it’s crucial to have an experienced medical malpractice lawyer by your side who can help you get the justice you deserve.
Examples of Medical Malpractice Cases
The following are a few examples of situations that would fall under medical malpractice:
- Failure to diagnose/delayed diagnosis: It is a doctor’s duty to review your health conditions and address them appropriately carefully. A failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis of your disease as something else can lead to severe health consequences.
- Surgical Errors: Emergency room errors and surgical errors occur more often than we would like to think. Surgery performed on the wrong part of the body or a surgeon leaving a medical instrument in a body cavity accounts for medical malpractice.
- Prescription Errors: Writing the wrong prescription, giving the wrong drug, or supplying the incorrect dose are examples of prescription errors that competent nurses and doctors avoid.
- Defective Medical Products: Patients who suffer serious medical consequences are using defective medical products are eligible for compensation to pay for additional medical bills.
- Anesthesia Errors: One misstep in the administration of anesthesia can lead to severe pain and other consequences.
- Birth Injuries: Children who suffer birth injuries such as cerebral palsy or nerve damage caused by surgical tools are entitled to care for those injuries.
Get The Justice You Deserve
If you or a loved one require a Baltimore medical malpractice lawyer, the lawyers at The Valente Law Group have over three decades of trial experience and a successful proven history of winning medical malpractice cases.
Our firm has earned its reputation for strictly adhering to our practice’s highest ethical levels in our practice with respect and dignity. At The Valente Law Group, we are dedicated to getting our clients the justice they deserve.